Personal Plan of Study - Planning Rubric (PDF): If you are interested in implementing a POS for everystudent or wondering what others are doing, check out this handy rubric for ideas and to see where your school stands.
Be sure to check out the KSDE web site for the latest updates in Kansas Pathways.
- Career Cluster Guidance Handbook (2013-2014) PDF
- Career Cluster Guidance Handbook (2014-2015) PDF
- Advisory Committee Handbook
- Creating an Articulation Agreement
- Statewide Articulation Agreements for High Schools to Kansas Postsecondary
- Kansas Career Pipeline
POS Readiness & Capacity Self-Assessment:
RPOS 10 Frameworks
A Rigorous Program of Study is a comprehensive, structured approach for delivering academic and career and technical education to prepare students for postsecondary education and career success that utilizes a framework of 10 supporting elements viewed as instrumental for creating and implementing a high quality, comprehensive POS.
1. Legislation & Policies- Federal, state, and local legislation or administrative policies promote POS development and implementation.
2. Partnerships- Ongoing relationships among education, business, and other community stakeholders are central to POS design, implementation, and maintenance.
3. Professional Development- Sustained, intensive, and focused opportunities for administrators, teachers, and faculty foster POS design, implementation, and maintenance.
4. Accountability and Evaluation Systems- Systems and strategies to gather quantitative and qualitative data on both POS components and student outcomes are crucial for ongoing efforts to development and implement POS.
5. College and career Readiness Standards- Content standards that define what students are expected to know and be able to do in order to enter and advance in college and/or their careers comprise the foundation of a POS.
6. Course Sequences- Non-duplicative sequences of secondary and postsecondary courses within a POS ensure that students transition to postsecondary education without duplicating classes and requiring remedial coursework.
7. Credit Transfer Agreements- Credit transfer agreements provide opportunities for secondary students to be awarded transcript postsecondary credit at the time the credit is earned and are supported by formal agreements between secondary and postsecondary education systems.
8. Guidance Counseling and Academic Advisement- Guidance counseling and academic advisement help students make informed decisions about which POS to pursue.
9. Teaching and Learning Strategies- Innovative and creative instructional approaches enable teachers to integrate academic and technical instruction and students to apply academic and technical learning to their POS coursework.
10. Technical Skills Assessments- National, state, and/or local assessments provide ongoing information to the extent to which students are attaining the necessary knowledge and skills for entry into and advancement in postsecondary education careers in their chosen POS.
For more information visit the Perkins Collaborative Resource Network (PCRN) at: http://cte.ed.gov/nationalinitiatives/rposdesignframework.cfm
Rigorous Tests of Student Outcomes in CTE Programs of Study: Research by the NRCCTE (Full Site)
Marisa Castellano and Kirsten Sundell, co-principal investigators of the Rigorous Tests of Student Outcomes in CTE Programs of Study project.
- Overview of logitudinal study on Rigorous Program of Study (RPOS) - MP3
- Follow-up on RPOS study - MP3
- Post-ACTE Follow-up - MP3
- Post-site visit interview- MP3
- Final RPOS interview- MP3